He is friend and our hero….A Father is an angel (A guardian Angel) in our life. Who always stand’s by us during thick and thin of our life. A best friend one could probably ask for, a father brings a unique contribution to parenting that no one else can replicate. I belong to generation where fathers never said “He LOVE’s YOU”, not because they did not want to but because they really didn’t want to express their love in words ONLY! My father was strongest person who always stood by me & always tried to provide me the best of what he could- be it best education, best information and discipline. My father is my first hero and also my friend. I have never told my dad that what I feel for him, I saw him working hard day and night for our bright future. I learnt life lessons by observing him. I adore and miss time when I used to play chess & carom with him. He is my guide and a philosopher.
Coming to the very next generation, my one year old daughter also adores her father too! When her father is back from work she only wants to be with him, she starts throwing tantrums and feels on top of the world. She plays, giggles and dances with him And I feel really overwhelmed & happy when I see them both playing together. Her father communicates in a unique and different manner with her. The interaction has different tones of language & approach.
A number of studies suggest that those fathers, who are involved and playful with their children, eventually nurture their children with better linguistic and cognitive capacities and tactics that can handle stress in a better way. I feel father & kids relation is cherish-able, It is as important as any mothers & their kids relation. If a mother gives you birth in this new world then father teaches you to survive in this world. He provides you wing to fly high. I adore my relationship with my father.
So what special we can do for our father:
- Tell him how much you love him.However busy you are, call him at least once a day. Ask him how his day was, did they eat etc. Just keep the conversation going and be a good listener.
- To make your dad happy, share some moments of your life with him. Share your daily activities, new hobbies, new friends, and details of your life with him. When you receive any awards, accolades or appreciations share it with him. It gives him immense pleasure seeing his child successful.
- You can always teach him how to use the latest technology. If he is not a tech savvy! For instance how to use Skype, video calling, chatting. Once a week you can have a video chat with him.
- You can always discuss the problems you are facing at work or can take his advice on any investment ideas. He would be so elated to share his knowledge with you. Express your wishes, and make him familiar with your goals and dreams. After all, no one can be a better friend than your dad.
- Spend time with him; go for dinner date with him. Your father might be an extremely busy man, or he may be reserved and silent. But one thing that he always cherishes deep down is spending time with you, in whatever way he can.
Fathers day is around so plan something for your father, Happy Fathers Week 🙂